ACQUEAU is the first EUREKA Cluster dedicated to environmental sciences and relevant technologies.
Based on the vision of the WssTP Strategic Research Agenda, ACQUEAU has proposed a complementary vision to support technologies and innovation development for industries. ACQUEAU’s vision for water innovation aims to ensure that the European water sector remains the leading international center of expertise for providing safe, clean and affordable water services while protecting the environment and managing the water resources for the next generation. ACQUEAU is working to strengthen the competitiveness of the European water sector, including driving innovation and technology developments in the larger context of the different European programmes.
ACQUEAU is a key programme for:
- Shaping standards and creating new markets, services and technologies at the European levels
- Strengthening the sector by building new networks and new collaborative projects among different partners i.e. industries, SMEs, universities and research organizations
- Contributing to economic growth through knowledge and innovation but also ensuring the effective implementation and commercialization of the technologies developed
To encourage the development of new technological products and services, ACQUEAU has developed a technological road map called the Blue Book , based on the water cycle – water sourcing, treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment.
ACQUEAU focus on 9 main technological areas and has identified five key challenges to boost the competitiveness of the European water sector with a bottom-up approach based on the needs of the industry.
9 technological areas :
- Water resources
- Water treatment
- Water distribution
- Customer requirements
- Urban drainage and wastewater collection
- Wastewater treatment
5 key challenges :
- Low environmental impact of disinfection and oxidation processes;
- Low energy wastewater treatment;
- Membrane technologies;
- Real-time system management;
- Materials for pipes and coating.
|BlueBook Part I||Download|
|Bluebook Part II||Download|
ACQUEAU Open Call is a two-stage submission and evaluation process. It delivers the EUREKA ∑! label Label and thus facilitates access to national funding. There are two sessions per year : one in spring and one in autumn.
Autumn session 2014 calendar:
- Opening workshop: 20 February 2014
- PO deadline: 08 April 2014
- FPP deadline: 02 June 2014
- Label assessment: 08 July 2014
To find out more about ACQUEAU, please visit their website