COSME is the new programme launched by the European Commission, to encourage the competitiveness of enterprises and small and medium-sized enterprises. The programme is planned to run from 2014 to 2020 with an earmarked budget of € 2.3 billion.
Small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs), current and potential entrepreneurs and business support organisations are the main targets of this new initiative, whose goal is to foster the competitiveness and sustainability of the EU enterprises by providing better access to finance and markets, delivering business support services and promoting entrepreneurship.
Μore specifically, COSME programme will provide the following kind of support :
- Loan guarantees for SMEs having difficulties to obtain loans from the banking system
- Capital for risk capital funds providing investments for SMEs in their expansion and growth stage
- Free of charge practical information and direct services to companies looking for partners, funding, information on new markets, EU programmes or legislation
- Networking and exchange actions for policy makers aiming at reducing the administrative burden on SMEs and improving the framework conditions for businesses
- Benchmarking and studies to improve the knowledge and monitoring of industrial sectors at European or global level, or on SME-related policies in Europe.
COSME will contribute towards the implementation of smart, sustainable and integrated growth priorities under the Europe 2020 strategy and together with Horizon 2020 will continue the activities that are currently under the Competitiveness and Innovation programme (CIP).
To find more detailed information, please click visit COSME website